Wednesday, April 1, 2020






The Small Things Friendly and some Not...


Today, Pucci the little white Poodle came prancing down the pathway with his mom, joy is his middle name. He always has a smile, and a wag for all. I do feel deep down that our four pawed friends know when it is Spring. Happiness is in the air, and it shines in his eyes.

Small red things. I see them everyday when turning the corner and walk down the hill. They are so very small, and I will look them up today and find out where they come from and if they are always going to be small, or will they cluster to larger growths.On arriving at home I did look it up via Wiki.

Kalanchoe /laelen'kou.:/,2 or kal-un-KOH-ee 3 or kal-un-kee, also written Kalanchoe is a genus of about 125 species of tropical, succulent flower plants in the family Crassulaceae, mainly native to Madagascar and tropical Africa. Most are shrubs or perennial herbaceous plants, but a few are annual or biennial. The Largest, Kalanchoe bdharensis from Madagascar, can reach 20 feet tall, but most species are less than 3 ft tall.

Calanchoes are characterized by opening their flowers by growing new cells on the inner surface of the petals to force them outwards, and on the outside of the petals to close them.
Kalanchoe was one of the first plants to be sent into space, sent on a resupply to the Soviet Salyot 1 space station in 1971.
This Plant can be poisonous. Read about it if you have pets.
The Small Things Friendly and some Not...

3 comments:

  1. Hi JJ! I will look for the little red succulents in my neighborhood too. Rick and I are walking twice a day. Tomorrow I will take my phone with me and add some photos to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those red succulents on my walks and have always marveled at their other worldliness! Thanks for doing the research about them.Now I know what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plants are the best! So many varieties. Can't wait for more pictures of your neighborhood gardens.

    ReplyDelete