Saturday, April 11, 2020



Energies Unleashed


Today, the dawn was bright with light, no clouds, birds with song and purpose, it was infused with the energies brought with the rains of the past few days. My energies gathered from the Sea Storm from which I took my walk with eager anticipation of renewal, did indeed restore my spirits and with peaceful calm.


As I watch from my den, the little hummer gather cobwebs for her nest, I know that my mental and emotional cobwebs of sorrow for what our country is going through will be woven together with the joy that I feel on this new day. For how fortunate we are to live in Oceanside where the virus is not having the impact that New York is experiencing. Do I feel a little guilty, yes. So this paradoxical state of mind is where I am today setting forth on my walk down the San Dimas Hill.

I first come upon my little friend Rex. He loves to sit in his Dad's truck waiting for his ride and knowing without a doubt that it will come. He jumps down from the truck to greet me. Why is it that a little fur person gives such joy? His Dad tells me that he has never done that before. Going home later he is still in the truck waiting...








Standing at the end of the San Miguel Court, I see the valley. I feel the Valley. The energy cradled in the bottom of the valley, sunlight streaming up the greenness of the hills, the foothills, and upside to the top of my hill in Rancho Hermosa. The Up-welling of the Oceans is a well recognized form of energy, as the “displaced surface waters are replaced by cold, nutrient-rich water that “wells up” from below. Conditions are optimal for up welling along the coast when winds blow along the shore.”

Looking down into the Valley, the Sun on my back and the clean clear air on my face, has this effect of Up-welling on my phychi. I feel the sounds of the grasses growing , the leaves sprouting, and know the energy of this day will be one that will carry me, through the doubts and the communal pain of our National Crisis. The Mountains are still covered with banks of clouds, and they are a metaphor for our national will of maintaining the separation of our communities. I know without a doubt that others today who walk today and tomorrow in this small community will hear and feel these energies as I do, for Americans are strong, resilient, and above all brave...


I Hear America Singing,
The varied carols I hear,”

Going back up San Dimas Hill, it is flatter today, the breathing is easier, and the pulses of my body are in rhythm with the Valley...



2 comments:

  1. I love the fur person who greets you! I, too, have Onion, the large Tabby, who comes to greet and his owner says the same thing: "He doesn't do that for anyone else." Maybe no one else sings him The Onion Song! "Onion onion, meow meow meow meow meow meow, where are you?"

    ReplyDelete